I have made a simple broccoli soup here with 1 head of broccoli, and garlic. The broccoli is prepared by the florets being cut from the stalk. The florets can be fairly small and this will help the soup cook more quickly.
I used 3 cloves of garlic in the soup. I also added 3 slices of diced bread to the soup to thicken the soup.
Ingredients To Make The Soup
- Broccoli x 1 Head
- Garlic x 3 Cloves
- Veg Stock x 400ml
- 3 Slices Of White Bread
- Cut the broccoli florets from the head of the broccoli
- Slice the garlic cloves
- Heat the pan up on the stove and add a little oil. Add the garlic to the heated oil and cook off for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan and bring to the boil
- Once the vegetable stock has started to boil add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes
- Once the broccoli is cooked and soft the pan can be taken off the heat.
Finishing The Soup
- Once the broccoli is soft the pan can be taken off the heat
- Carefully blend the soup to a smooth consistency
- This soup has been made slightly too thin, to thicken the soup I have used a bread-thickening method
- Slice the crusts off 3 slices of bread and dice them into small cubes
- Add the diced bread to the soup in batches and blend each time
- The soup will thicken as the bread is blended into the soup.
The broccoli soup has been finished by adding a swirl of cream to the soup. The cream looks great on the surface of the finished soup.