How To Make A Broccoli Soup [Bread Thickening Method]
I have made a simple broccoli soup here with 1 head of broccoli, garlic. The broccoli is prepared by the florets being cut from the stalk. The florets can be fairly small and this will help the soup cook quicker.
I have used 3 cloves of garlic in the soup. I also added 3 slices of diced bread into the soup to thicken the soup.
Ingredients To Make The Soup
- Broccoli x 1 Head
- Garlic x 3 Cloves
- Veg Stock x 400ml
- 3 Slices Of White Bread
Method Of Making A Broccoli Soup And Thickened With Bread
- Cut the broccoli florets from the head of broccoli
- Slice the garlic cloves
- Heat the pan up on the stove and add a little oil. Add the garlic to the heated oil and cook off for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan and bring to the boil
- Once the vegetable stock has started to boil add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes
- Once the broccoli is cooked and soft the pan can be taken off the heat.
Steps To Finishing The Soup
- Once the broccoli is soft the pan can be taken off the heat
- Carefully blend the soup to a smooth consistency
- This soup has been made slightly too thin, to thicken the soup i have used a bread thickening method
- Slice the crusts off 3 slices of bread and dice into small cubes
- Add the diced bread to the soup in batches and blend each time
- The soup will thicken as the bread is blended into the soup.
The broccoli soup has been finished by adding a swirl of cream onto the soup. The cream looks great on the surface of the finished soup.
Video Recipe – Broccoli Soup – Bread Thickening Method