An introduction to working in Manchester
Want To Skip Ahead?
- Introduction To Manchester
- Finding Accommodation
- Out And About The City
- Luxury Hotels In Manchester
- Popular Things To Do
Manchester is the second most visited city in the UK. With two of the biggest football teams in the world. The city also has a rich musical presence with many high profile artists from the city. Manchester has two AA rated 5 star hotels and over 10 AA rated 4 star hotels. These hotels make a great option outside of London to begin and progress a professional chef career.
Finding Accommodation And Living In Manchester
A Few Facts About The City Of Manchester
- Do you want to study Mummy Studies then Manchester University is the only place in the world to do so. Ever thought about exploring a mummy tissue bank?
- History was made at the Midland Hotel. One lunch time a Charles Rolls and Henry Royce met for lunch. This 1904 meeting resulted in history being born.
- Cereals including Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Rice Krispies have been made at the Kellog’s factory since 1938
An Indication To House Prices In Manchester
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Central Manchester Starting at: £500/ Month
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £400 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Central Manchester – Starting at: £850/ Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £ 600/ Month
Out And About In Manchester
- 1 Pint of Lager / Beer £2.70– £4.00 in a pub or restaurant
- Mid range bottle of wine at the supermarket – £5.00 – £8.00
Transportation Around Manchester Costs
- One day travel card for bus or train – £8.50
- Monthly travel card for bus or train – £54
Cost Of A Gym Membership
- Membership for a monthly gym contract – £17– £45
AA 5 Star And Luxury Hotels In Manchester
Top 10 Things To Do In Manchester As Ranked By Tripadvisor Travellers
Working in Manchester as a chef can be a lot of hard work, so for some fun. There are many bars and clubs with luxury hotels to help build a stable career. Here are the top 10 things to do in Manchester as ranked by travellers on Tripadvisor.
- Manchester Gin
- The City Of Manchester Distillery
- Manchester Climbing Centre
- The John Ryland’s Library
- Etihad Stadium
- Clayton Hall Museum
- Chetham’s Library
- Greater Manchester Police Museum
- Elizabeth Gaskell’s House
- Royal Exchange Theatre