An Introduction to Working in Cardiff
Want To Skip Ahead?
- Introduction To Cardiff
- Accommodation And Living In The City
- Out And About
- Luxury Hotels In Cardiff
- Popular Things To Do
Cardiff is the capital of wales with a selection of hotels. Cardiff itself has one AA rated 5-star hotel and a selection of AA rated 4-star hotels. These hotels give the opportunity for chefs to begin or further their careers.
Finding Accommodation And Living In Cardiff
A Few Facts About The Welsh Capital Cardiff
- Captain Morgan – The pirate and famous rum promoter middle name Henry was born in Cardiff in the 1635
- The Millennium stadium is the second largest in the world
- Cardiff is one of the flattest cities in Britain
An Indication To House Prices In Cardiff
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Central Cardiff Starting at: £500 / Month
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £400 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Central Cardiff – Starting at: £800 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £ 650/ Month
Out And About In Cardiff
- 1 Pint of Lager / Beer £2.50 – £3.50 in a pub or restaurant
- Mid range bottle of wine at the supermarket – £5.00 – £7.00
Transportation Around Cardiff Costs
- One day travel card for bus or train – £3.50
- Monthly travel card for bus or train – £45
Cost Of A Gym Membership
Membership for a monthly gym contract – £18 – £35
AA 5 Star And Luxury Hotels In Cardiff
Hotel Chef Jobs Cardiff
Cardiff has one luxury AA rated 5 star hotel and a number of 4 star rated. These hotels are a great option for a chef career. Starting a chef career as a commis chef in a 5 star hotel will give your career a firm footing. If your aiming for a head chef position in a luxury hotel starting in a luxury hotel is recommended.
Top 10 Things To Do In Cardiff As Ranked By Tripadvisor Travellers
When considering to start or further your chef career. You may be looking at a change of area in the UK or even coming to the UK from another country. Here’s a top 10 look at things to do in Cardiff for those days off. Cardiff has chef jobs opportunities and a lot to do around wales’s capital city.
The Top 10 Things To Do In Cardiff
- St Fagans National Museum of History
A top European open air museum, a very popular attraction taking a look at the history of wales
- Principality Stadium
This 74000 seater stadium is home to the welsh rugby team. A world class events venue for sporting events and concerts.
- Bute Park
Forming the green heart of Cardiff with lots of paths and tracks to explore
- Wales Millennium Stadium
Lots to do here – Bars, restaurants, west end musicals, exhibitions, and stand up comedy to name a few.
- Roath Park
Lots of animals, swan, ducks and great for walks.
- Llandaff Cathedral
A beautiful building to have a look around
- National Museum Cardiff
A great collection of art including: paintings, sculptures and drawings.
- Cardiff Bay Barage
This dam is located on a beautiful lake that once was covered in marshland
- Castell Coch
A retreat for John Patrick Crichton-Stuart designed by william burges
- Cardiff Castle
This castle built by William Burges for John Patrick Crichton-Stuart as a main residence.