Chef Jobs Based In Edinburgh Hotels
Want To Skip Ahead?
An introduction to working in Edinburgh and the chef jobs benefits
Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. The city has 4 – 5 AA Star Rated hotels, With the excellent range of hotels in the city, makes this a great choice to further or get a chef career started. With many attractions including Edinburgh castle to explore around the city.
Finding Accommodation And Living In Edinburgh
A Few Facts About The City Of Edinburgh
- On a stroll and finding himself in Canongate Kirkyard Charles Dickens found a grave named Ebenezer Scroggie – Mealman. Reading the title in a haze as Ebeneezer Scrooge Meanman.
- In 1824 James Braidwood formed the first municipal fire service.
- A popular cure in 1600’s for baldness was rubbing the ashes of dove’s droppings on their head. This was “discovered” in Edinburgh. Many people of the time gave it a try.
An Indication To House Prices In Edinburgh
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Central Edinburgh Starting at: £550/ Month
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £400 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Central Edinburgh – Starting at: £1000/ Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £ 780/ Month
Out And About In Edinburgh
- 1 Pint of Lager / Beer £3.00– £4.10 in a pub or restaurant
- Mid range bottle of wine at the supermarket – £6.00 – £10.00
Transportation Around Edinburgh Costs
- One day travel card for bus or train – £4.00
- Monthly travel card for bus or train – £45
Cost Of A Gym Membership
- Membership for a monthly gym contract – £20– £50
AA 5 Star And Luxury Hotels In Edinburgh
Top 10 Things To Do In Edinburgh As Ranked By Tripadvisor Travellers
Edinburgh is an incredible place to start or further a chef career in luxury hotels. Outside of London this city holds the highest number of 5 Star AA rated hotels. With many bars and clubs and a lively nightlife there plenty of places to relax with friends. To follow is a list of the top 10 attractions in Edinburgh as ranked by Tripadvisor travellers.
- Arthur’s Seat
- National Museum Of Scotland
- Edinburgh Old Town
- Royal Yacht Brittania
- Palace Of Hollyroadhouse
- Camera Obscura And World Of Illusions
- Royal Mile
- Edinburgh Castle
- The Real Mary King’s Close
- Pickering’s Gin Distillery