How To Make A Banging Mushroom Soup
This mushroom soup is made with a béchamel sauce style base. A mixture of flat and chestnut mushrooms sliced and oven roasted.
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 500ml Milk
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 250g Flat Mushroom
- 100g Chestnut Mushrooms
- Table Salt – Black Pepper
Banging Mushroom Soup
Method For Making A Banging Mushroom Soup
- Weigh out all of the ingredients and have the equipment ready.
- Equipment – | Stick Blender / Liquidiser | Small, Medium Pan | Whisk |
- Peel the onion and garlic. Rough dice the onion and slice the garlic.
- Slice the mushrooms add a little oil and salt over the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms on a tray and place in a pre-heated oven at 180 Degree Celsius and roast the mushrooms for around 10 – 15 minutes.
To Make The Base Of The Soup
- Add a little oil to the heated pan and drop in the butter. Once the butter has melted add in the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add in half of the flour stir in and drop in the rest of the flour. Cook out the [Roux] flour to a paste for 8 minutes.
- Add the warmed milk into the flour and butter base a third at a time. Whisking until the milk has been absorbed into the flour and butter mix each time.Continuously whisk to keep the béchamel to a smooth consistency.
- Add the vegetable stock to the béchamel until the required consistency. is achieved.
Finishing The Mushroom Soup
- Add the roasted mushrooms to the soup base stir in and cook for a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully use a stick blender or a liquidiser to puree the soup.
- Taste – add salt and black pepper as needed.