Roasted Cauliflower Soup
This cauliflower soup is a quick and easy one to make. I have topped this with some roasted cauliflower as an extra flavour and garnish to the soup.
- Spanish Onions x 1
- Celery x 1 stick
- Garlic Cloves x 4
- Cauliflower x 1 Head
- Vegetable Stock x 500ml
- Sugar x 1 Tablespoon
Method Of Making A Cauliflower Soup With Roasted Florets
- Peel the onion and cut into chunky dice
- Cut the ends off the celery and cut into chunky dice
- Peel and slice the garlic
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters and cut the florets from the centre.
- Prepare the vegetable stock 500 ml. This can be fresh or stock cubes.
- Reserve about 10 small pieces of the cauliflower for the garnish.
Cooking The Vegetables
- Heat the pan on a medium heat and add a little oil
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for a minute until soft
- Add the celery stir for a minute
- Stir in the cauliflower florets
- Add the sugar
- Cover the vegetables in the stock and bring to the boil
- Turn down to a simmer
- Add a little oil to a hot frying pan and slowly roast the smaller cauliflower florets
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and take off the heat.
Finishing The Cauliflower Soup
- Once the vegetables are soft carefully blend the soup
- Add salt and pepper to your personal taste
- The roasted florets can be added to the top of the soup as a garnish in the bowl.