Curried Onion And Potato Soup
I made this soup using Spanish onions and half a baking potato. The onions have been cooked until they are soft with no colour and the stock and potato added.
An easy pureed curried onion and potato soup to make and great with a little added coconut milk.
- Splash of oil and a tablespoon of butter
- Spanish onions x 3
- Baking potato x ½
- Curry powder x 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable Stock x 4ooml [Fresh or Stock Cube Dissolved]
- Coconut milk x 400ml
- Spring onion x 1
- Coriander x leaves removed from a couple of sprigs
- Salt and Pepper
- Sugar x ½ teaspoon
Method Of Making A Curried Onion And Potato Soup
- Peel the onions and cut in half. First cut the root from the onion and know slice the onions thinly.
- Peel and cut the potato in half and cut one half into cubes.
- Clean the spring onion and slice the spring onion thinly
- Have 400ml of vegetable stock ready. [Either fresh or a vegetable stock cube dissolved in water]
- Get ready 100 ml of coconut milk
- Coriander picked and sliced.
Cooking The Vegetables
- Heat the pan on the stuff to medium heat and add a little oil and a tablespoon of butter
- Add in the onions add salt and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently
- Add in some salt and the sugar
- Stir in the curry powder and the cubed potatoes
- Cook the onions, potato and curry powder for a few minutes
- Add in the vegetable stock 300ml first
- Check the consistency and add more vegetable stock as needed
- Add in the coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are well cooked.
Finishing The Cauliflower Soup
- Remove the soup from the heat and make sure its in a suitable pan for blending or use the liquidiser
- Blend the soup to a smooth puree and pass through a fine sieve if there are any unwanted pieces
- Pour soup into a bowl and finish with a drizzle of coconut milk and coriander.