Equipment and Methods Needed For A Simple Carrot Soup Recipe
Simple Carrot Soup Recipe
Here is a simple carrot soup recipe using the puree method that i have used for years in my kitchen. When you can make this simple soup, then it’s possible to add extra flavours.
Equipment Needed – Sharp knife, chopping board, blender, saucepan, wooden spoon, sieve, stove.
2 cloves garlic
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoon flour (Optional)
1-litre vegetable stock (use bouillon x 1 tablespoon)
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and chop it into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the top off the carrots and chop them into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the garlic small.
- Heat the saucepan on the stove with a little oil in the bottom until hot
- Add all the onion and stir until translucent
- Add the salt and the sugar
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute
- Add carrots and stir for 5 minutes
- Add flour (optional) – stir for 5 minutes
- Add 1 litre of stock – (1 tablespoon of stock cube dissolved in 1 litre of water), the water can be hot or cold. If using cold the stock will not dissolve so just add it all in and it will dissolve in the cooking.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then turn it down slightly to simmer (slow boil)
- Check carrots – when they are super soft it’s time to puree. (Make sure they are super soft, or they won’t pass through the fine sieve.
- Add the pepper
- Puree the soup until smooth,
- Strain the soup through a fine sieve
- Check for flavour and add more salt and pepper if needed. Seasoning.