How To Make Pasta
If you know the steps on how to make pasta at home then you will find it difficult to resist making homemade pasta very often. Fresh spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, and many more kinds of pasta are all readily available for your dishes when you develop into a master at making pasta!
Active Ingredients To Make Fresh Pasta
- 400 grams Pasta / plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil if needed depending on the flour type
- 1/2 tsp of salt
How To Prepare Home Made Pasta
Investing In The Correct Equipment
The first point in learning how to make pasta. You need to invest in a good pasta maker. It allows you to thin the pasta to the specific thicknesses. Look for these things when purchasing your pasta maker. A good pasta machine is going to be sturdy. You want to purchase something that is both durable and will last a good, long time. The better models will come with a guarantee of a minimum of one year. After all, if the manufacturer doesn’t have confidence in their own product, why should you? Better models will come with guarantees of two to three years.
Make sure the pasta machine you purchase is versatile and comes with, or allows you to add various attachments for different shapes of pasta. When you get used to using your machine, you’ll want to get creative. So you need options. Likewise, you want options for the thickness of your pasta. A good machine will come with various settings for the dough and noodle
Creating The Pasta Dough
Place the flour in a bowl with plenty of room in a mound and make a well in the centre. Make a well at the centre. Place the salt and the eggs in the middle of the flour well. Blend the eggs together with the salt without disturbing the flour. Use the same fork, carefully blend the flour into the egg mixture.
Right after all of the flour has been put in together with the eggs, switch to a bench knife or make use of your fingertips to combine the mix better still. When the wet and dry ingredients are already blended together
with each other, bring the mixture together into a ball shape using your hands. When the dough is too dry, you can add a little olive oil into the mixture. In cases where the mixture is way too wet and sticky, put some flour on your hands before forming the ball.
Before rolling the pasta, it is best to knead it. Push down on the dough and move it away from you simultaneously. Turn the dough a quarter turn, fold it in half and repeat exactly the same step. Keep on this action until the dough is smooth. This would take about Five minutes.
Making use of bench knife, separate the dough into 3 equal pieces. Form each portion into a ball and cover with a towel for 15 minutes. Or wrap in clingfilm and place the dough in the fridge.
How To Roll The Pasta Out
Rolling the dough out is a simple task when you’ve got a pasta machine, even so, you also can utilise a rolling pin if you do not own one. Take one of the pieces of dough and flatten it first using your hands, after that with the rolling pin or pasta machine.
When you’re using a pasta machine, be sure that the dough isn’t any wider in comparison to the slot you’ll actually feed it into. Put the machine on its widest setting and turn the handle and feed the dough through.
While the dough has been fed through, make certain to use another hand to assist it whilst it comes through or else it could break and fall apart.
Keep replicating this procedure, narrowing the width of the pasta machine a bit each and every time until it’s as thin as the machine could go. Each time you run your pasta through the machine, it must get thinner and
much more stretched out. Longer pasta dough is less stable also, and so it is crucial that you be gentle to keep it from ripping apart. As soon as you are done rolling out the pasta, it has to be roughly 1/6″ thick.
Cutting the Pasta Into Different Shapes
You will discover numerous tools meant for cutting pasta, so it’s really your choice to determine which method you like best. Rolling cutters like pizza cutters help cut long straight lines whilst pasta cutting machines often have a variety of pasta selections.
Fresh Pasta is the Perfect Pasta
So far we have found out how to make pasta and you are well on your way to learning the pasta making skill. Now all you should do is think about what you are going to make. Would you like delicious spaghetti layered in a delightful tomato sauce or perhaps a savoury chicken stir fry? You decide, your choices are limitless.
Some Of The Most Popular Pasta Recipes
Ready to learn how to make pasta?
Check out these pasta recipes below:
Spaghetti Carbonara Pasta Recipe
- 500g raw spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g of diced bacon
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
1. The packet of spaghetti will inform you on how to cook the pasta. Boil the spaghetti in a slightly salted water until al dente usually 7 – 10 minutes for dry ready made pasta.
2. Heat the olive oil in another frying pan, and sauté the bacon for 5-6 minutes.
3. Whisk together the cream, cheese, egg yolks and salt and pepper in a separate bowl
4. Drain the pasta and put it into a saucepan. Add the whisked mixture till it combines well. Add the bacon, mix it with the sauce and heat slowly. Make sure the flame is not so high that your eggs scramble. Your pasta recipe is ready to eat!
Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Pasta Recipe
You can make it using simple ingredients from your very own kitchen and enjoy it as much as you would from any Italian restaurant.
- 250g of ground minced beef
- 1/2 jar of Pasta Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 250ml of water
- 125g Dry Spaghetti pasta
- Handfull baby spinach (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Now for the pasta recipe:
1. Sauté the beef for five to six minutes, until the shade changes from pink to light, light brown. Have the salted water on and cook the pasta and drain whilst cooking the beef, strain and leave on the side.
2. Add the pasta sauce to the beef mix, cooking and stirring for around three minutes. Then add the salt, sugar, olive oil, water, pasta, and spinach.
3. Keep stirring till it starts to boil, then turn the flame low, cover the pot and simmer. You have to keep stirring the mixture often so the bottom doesn’t get burnt. Carry on with this process for around 10- 15 minutes then add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
4. Serve with pasta recipe with grated parmesan cheese.
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
- 180g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin strips
- Less than 1/4 cup Asiago cheese
1. Boil pasta al dente and drain.
2. Sauté the garlic in olive oil in a small pan and add the tomatoes and basil. Stir all the ingredients till they’re warm.
3. In a large serving bowl, mix the pasta with the sautéed ingredients and cheese. Garnish with extra basil. The easiest pasta recipe you’ll find!
- 120g fettuccine
- 600g Savoy cabbage
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms stalk removed and sliced thinly
- 80g chopped onion (small)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 250ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 80g cut 1/2 grape tomatoes
- 50g diced smoked cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
1. Now to start with the making of your pasta recipe. Cook pasta for 4 minutes in boiling water. Add cabbage, and stir frequently till both pasta and cabbage are tender. Keep aside 500ml of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta-cabbage mixture.
2. Heat oil in a pan over a medium flame. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and cook, stirring until the mushrooms are tender and beginning to release their liquid.
3. The best part about this Italian pasta recipe: whisk wine and flour in a bowl, add to the pan with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens. Add tomatoes, cooking till they just start breaking down.
4. Return the pasta and cabbage to the pot. Add the mushroom sauce, the reserved cooking liquid if needed to loosen the sauce, cheese, and sage; gently toss to combine. A recipe for pasta that’s mouthwatering!
Ravioli Pasta With Smoked Salmon
Ingredients For Pasta Recipe:
- 1.5 beaten eggs
- 225g smoked salmon
- 1 egg
- 120ml cream
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh, crushed black pepper
- 220g shredded Gruyere cheese
- 250ml Double cream
Preperation For Pasta Recipe:
To complete the dish into a delicious meal, continue with the following. Knowing how to make pasta can be a very rewarding experience for your taste buds.
1. For a Smoked Salmon Mousse, You can Puree the smoked salmon and the egg till it makes a smooth mixture.
2. Carefully add 1/2 the cream adding the rest until a firm mousse has been made. Add salt and pepper the chopped chives. Stir and mix very well.
3. For assembling the ravioli, you can sprinkle flour on a flat surface. Carefully lay out the pasta and then divide the salmon mousse into equal portions then place them 2 inches apart on one sheet of pasta.
4. Brush egg which has been beaten on the pasta between the salmon mousse, and then covers with another sheet of rolled out pasta to make the ravioli.
5. Cut the ravioli apart using a round cutter and keep it in the fridge till you’re ready to cook it.
6. Boil water with a little amount of salt in a large pan and add the ravioli. Cook it for around about 2-4 minutes and then drain it well.
7. On the side add 1 ounce of the cheese to four fireproof plates 1/16 cup of heavy cream.
8. Heat it until the cheese melts and add the ravioli. Sprinkle another layer of cheese on top. Heat again till the cheese turns slightly brown.
9. Serve your perfect pasta recipe warm to everybody.
The above are just but a few pasta recipes. However, there is a wide range of pasta recipes that one can experiment on.
Essential Tips To Remember When Making Pasta
Knowing how to make pasta may seem like a piece of cake, but a few tips never hurt to help the process. Also, Italian pasta recipes all have specific requirements depending on the sauce or pasta type and no pasta recipe
can be made in the same way. As long as you have a few points guiding you in the how to make pasta process, you just can’t go wrong. Here are some tips that can guide you on the pasta making process.
1. When practising how to make pasta remember to boil the pasta in a large sauce pan and add a lot of salt. It helps add to the flavour of your pasta recipe.
2. Remember that usually, 450g of pasta serves up to 6 people. While this may vary considering the type or size of the pasta, it’s a good measurement to follow generally.
3. When buying your pasta, make sure you buy the best quality and because it will generate the best result in Italian pasta recipes.
4. Never put so much sauce on the pasta that it overcomes its flavour. The pasta and sauce should have a careful balance, where the sauce adds flavour and texture.
Only Rinse Pasta After It Is Cooked If The Water Has Been Over Salted. This Will Wash Off The Salt
5. Never rinse your pasta after it’s done. Unless the pasta recipe specifically asks for this to be done, drain your pasta very lightly and add it back into the pan.
6. Always boil the pasta al dente. Al dente, meaning ‘to the tooth’ in Italian, means you cook the pasta for your dish till it’s tender, but still firm.
7. It is considered rude to eat pasta with a spoon and fork. Always remember to use only a fork when you’re eating your pasta dish. To help it along, you can serve the pasta in a shallow bowl rather than a flat plate.
If you want to know how to make pasta perfectly, these are the directions to follow. Perfect pasta allows for a delicious and healthy meal. Knowing how to make pasta results in quick and yummy home cooked meals
that you can relish.
Pasta recipes allow for a lot of experimentation and creativity. As long as you know a few important facts and points, you just can’t go wrong with any recipe. Several people create their own pasta recipes that turn in to yummy wonders. Make your own pasta recipes and enjoy the wonder! Pasta is great served with a good homemade bread or salad.