Want To Skip Ahead?
- Introduction Working In Oxford
- Accommodation And Living
- Out And About
- Hotels In Oxford
- Things To Do
- Join The Group
An Introduction to Working in Oxford and The Hotel Chef Jobs Opportunities
Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English speaking world. The city has 5 AA 4 Star rated hotels each offering career opportunities for chefs. Oxford is just over 50 miles north of London with train links to the capital.
- Join our Facebook group for further information on hotel chef jobs in Oxford.
Finding Accommodation And Living In Oxford
A Few Facts About The City Of Oxford
- Oxford has the largest bookshop in the world. The 1879 basement location has 150,000 books with 3 miles of shelving.
- Ever wanted to walk into Narnia? The door can be found in oxford near to the University Church of St Mary the virgin.
- Roger Bannister ran a mile in under 4 minutes at the Iffley Road Track Oxford. He was a medical student at the University.
An Indication To House Prices In Oxford
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Central Oxford Starting at: £850/ Month
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £650 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Central Oxford – Starting at: £1500/ Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £ 1250/ Month
Out And About In Oxford
- 1 Pint of Lager / Beer £3.50– £4.50 in a pub or restaurant
- Mid range bottle of wine at the supermarket – £6.00 – £7.00
Transportation Around Oxford Costs
- One day travel card for bus or train – £8.50
- Monthly travel card for bus or train – £55
Cost Of A Gym Membership
- Membership for a monthly gym contract – £20– £50
The Best AA Rated And Luxury Hotels In Oxford
Top 10 Things To Do In Oxford As Ranked By Tripadvisor Travellers
Oxford is a fantastic city, with stunning scenery and plenty of bars and restaurants. For those days off when you need something to do here is a list of the top 10 attractions as ranked by tripadvisor travellers. Remember to take a break and take a few days away.
- The Oxford Artisan Distillery
- Creation Theatre Company
- Oxford University Museum Of Natural History
- Pitt Rivers Museum
- Worcester College
- University Of Oxford
- Oxford Castle And Prison
- Magdalen College
- New College
- Oxford University Parks