Hotel Chef Jobs In Cambridge
An introduction to working in Cambridge and the chef jobs benefits
Cambridge is an extraordinary university city with fast train links to London. The city is just 55 miles north of London. Surrounded by leafy green meadows and picturesque, peaceful areas. Cambridge is steeped in history with the city’s architecture being a top tourist attraction Cambridge has a range of opportunities for hotel chef jobs.
- Join our Facebook group for further information on hotel chef jobs in Cambridge.
Finding Accommodation And Living In Cambridge
A Few Facts About The City Cambridge – (Silicone Fens)
- Todays version of football began life on parkers piece in Cambridge. The official game was played in 1848 for the first time. Using what’s known as ‘Cambridge Rules’.
- Engineering students from Cambridge placed an Austin seven car onto Senate house’s roof. Taking the university some time to remove it!
- Cambridge has a massive reputation in the technology sector. Its influence has gained the area around the city the name ‘Silicone Fen’
An Indication To House Prices In Cardiff
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Central Cambridge Starting at: £800/ Month
- 1 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £535 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Central Cambridge – Starting at: £1300 / Month
- 3 Bedroom Flat – Outside Central Starting at: £ 1000/ Month
Out And About In Cambridge – Alcohol Prices
- 1 Pint of Lager / Beer £3.30 – £4.00 in a pub or restaurant
- Mid range bottle of wine at the supermarket – £6.00 – £9.00
Transportation Around Cambridge Costs
- One day travel card for bus or train – £8.50
- Monthly travel card for bus or train – £60
Cost Of A Gym Membership
- Membership for a monthly gym contract – £30– £57
The Best AA Rated And Luxury Hotels In Cambridge
Top 10 Things To Do In Cambridge As Ranked By Tripadvisor Travellers
Cambridge is a university city with many colleges and university buildings. The city has lots of bars and restaurants to visit. The river cam runs through the city with punting being a very popular attraction. Cambridge is a good option to start or further a chef career in professional hotels. The train links to London are very quick with a 45 minute fast train to kings cross.
- The Cambridge Gin Laboratory
Learn about the history of gin production and take a gin tasting course.
- Cambridge American Cemetery And Memorial
Commemorates 10,000 American military service members and civilian volunteers.
- Cambridgeshire Wine School
Wine and gin tasting courses, special occasion parties also available.
- The Centre Of Computing History
The display includes: the huge 60’s style computers and the home computers of the 80’s.
- King’s College Chapel
This gothic english building was built between 1446 – 1515.
- University Of Cambridge
Founded in 1209 with studies based around geometry, music and astronomy.
- Fitzwilliam Museum
This museum has many antiques from ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome.
- Kettle’s Yard House And Gallery
An art gallery and house with a cafe. Kettle’s yard is directed by Andrew Nairne.
- The River Cam
Get to view the stunning buildings along the river cam by taking a punt for a few hours.
- University Museum Of Zoology
Find out about animal evolution and the diversity of animal life.